Sunday, May 29, 2005

Me? Middle-aged??

Call it vanity. I dyed my hair today, DIY-style. It takes guts to do so. The very act itself is an admission that you're no longer the "xiao ti" the aunty at the hawker center used to address you. It also means having to face the world, (your co-workers and friends) telling them that you are no longer young and be at the receiving end of their "taunts" and wise-cracks. But, heck, I decided to do it anyway, and had adventurously chosen a dark-brown colour. When I asked Junior if the colour made Daddy look younger, he first asked me how old I am, then said, "30". Feeling extremely flattered, I joked I thought Daddy look 18 years old, to which he quipped aloud, "how can?? You have wrinkles you know, around your eyes". My oh my.... nobody tells the truth like the kids. Maybe I'll try botox next, but definitely not DIY. To cut a long story short, I think this saying always hold true for people of certain age group: Aging is inevitably; but growing old is optional. Here's to life .... :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to COMA (Club Of Middle-Aged). Although I choose to post my comments as from 'Anonymous' it should be quite obvious to you as to who the author of these comments are. As I said before, if is going to be difficult to find someone, even in this www (whole, wide, world) who bother even to read your blog, not to mention post a comment. Who else but me? Anyway, you can consider this as "friendly return fire" as you have posted quite friendly comments in my blog as well, hee.