Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Adios, my friends

I've decided it's time to close down this blog. Yes, to borrow from a poet, this may be an "overkill". But blogging, to me, is no longer as fun as it used to be. It's also taking away a lot of my time from my family, friends, and my "beauty sleep".

But it was fun while it lasts. And I want to thank each and every one of the blogger friends whom I've met through my blog:

ECL:
Thanks for making me laugh (not to mention excited at times all the time) with your blog. You're one spunky lady, lemme tell ya! Take good care of Jaymes. I'm sure he'd turn out to be a fine young man. And yeah, look up to Chris (Tan not Sim), too. Tell me you're joking about the PAP thingy at home. You can't always be on top! Haha. I wish you all the success in your venture in China.

Chun See:
Thanks for the many wonderful memories, Mr Sentimental Fool (btw, that's also an ole joke, but it's a compliment!) You've enriched many of our kids with vivid tales and stories about lives in the 50s/60s. And though I'm not exactly young, I too find your stories very intriguing. Uncle, you really rock!

IML:
You never fail to amaze me with your ability to convey your message with the brevity of your posts. Accompanied with photo shots of people and nature, I feel as if I'm reading a postcard from the edge from a dear friend. I see your girl's training to be a ballerina. All the best to you and your family IML.

Firehorse:
I'm so sorry Firehorse, guess I won't be doing the meme you tagged me. I like your kopitiam a lot especially with the music playing from the jukebox. And the kopitiam looks really cool, after you gave it a total facelift. But alas, my pumpkin noodles stall is folding up (did you juz increase the rent? Haha). But I guess I'd still pop in sometimes for a cuppa, and the music. Take care of yourself, and your tenants, too.

Tigerfish:
The fish from California. My, thanks for the many wonderful recipes that I've ripped off your blog, and thanks for the extra tips on my attempt at the mini chicken pies. I guess I'll still be licking my monitor whenever I'm looking at the yummlicious goodies you put up in your blog.

Shilpa:
The lady in France whose acquaintance I juz made. Sorry this had to happen juz as I was about to get to know you better. All the best!

Etel:
Life's a challenge. And yes, it's a jungle out there. Pursue your education if you can afford to do so. You know here in Singapore, paper talks. And ya, keep baking. I see you're quite good at it. I'm gonna try out the pineapple tarts recipe you gave me soon. All the best to your future endeavours, Elaine!

Evan:
I still salivate all over your blog even if I dun leave any comments. I wish you success in your business venture.

Laokokok:
Love your blog. It reminds me so much of Chun See's, but with a flavour that's closer to my age. After all, we are only two years apart, are we not? heheh.

Victor:
Hey Buddy, I guess that's it. You certainly have proven that an old dog can do a good blog (another old joke? Or is this refrain of an old joke becoming an old joke by itself? heheh). Sorry I can't do that meme. Continue to have fun blogging. It's been fun interacting with you in the blogosphere. But I guess it's time you find youself another playmate, playful monkey. As they say, all good things must come to an end. If you need me, I'll be out there in the REAL WORLD.

To all others who had left comments on my blog one time or the other and who chose to remain anonymous, thank you so much for popping by.

Adios, my frens.

No comments: