Monday, August 08, 2005

Out with the OLD and in with the NEW


The new sofa I ordered from Courts arrived today. It's one of those L-sharp modular sofa that I've been eyeing for quite sometime. The time is ripe to discard the old and acquire the new.


The previous cowhide leather sofa, though durable, was stained, worn-out and downright dirty. The photo on the right was how the sofa looked like when I first shifted to my house 5 years ago.


Back to the new sofa.. As you can see, Junior wasted no time in making himself comfortable on the new sofa. It's spacious enough to be used as a bed. Unfortunately, the sofa is not meant for me. Being bare-chested most of the time at home, I can sit on the sofa but have been banned from leaning on the sofa by the Slim Lady. Otherwise, the sofa will begin to smell like me in no time. I can't argue with that. Which sensible male in "pig paradise" Singapore will put on a shirt at home. The weather can kill you.

While waiting for the sofa to be delivered, I couldn't help recollecting my past experiences with Courts, mostly bad ones. I once ordered a dinning table and it arrived with wobbly legs. The deliverymen had the audacity to suggest that maybe my HDB floor was uneven. Then there was the time when a sales woman sold me a grill oven when I specifically asked for a convectional oven. These happened many moons ago and I sworn never to patronise Courts again. This time, I went back to Courts for the sole reason that it offered the modular sofa at a price more resonable then the other retail stores. The delivery of my sofa today has restored my confidence in the retail industry somewhat, my pal Victor's recent bad experiences notwithstanding.

1 comment:

Victor said...

Chris, you never fail to baffle me with your comments. What sane man would want a sofa that he cannot lean on? Besides, the sofa looks really good for activities that can be done without a shirt on... like watching TV. What's missing from your furniture collection now is probably a standing mirror that can be rotated on it's x-axis. The mirror should preferably be placed right next to the sofa to complete your collection and make your activities on the sofa more fulfilling, hehe.