Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I am sorry ...

Dear T. T. Durai,

Deja vu. Just as we thought the dust on the NKF fiasco has settled, the report by KPMG re-ignites the anger I feel about this whole saga and started my blood boiling again. I'm utterly disgusted with you and your cahoots.

I'm sorry about your downfall, Mr Durai. No, I'm not sorry for you.

I'm sorry for the withdrawal of donations by many Singaporeans following reports of your excesses.

I'm sorry for the many kidney dialysis patients who may suffer more because of the withdrawal of these donations.

I'm sorry for the misplaced loyalty of the misguided nurses and medical staff who cried bitter tears when you were told to vacate the CEO seat.

I'm sorry for the many Singaporeans who have been misled into thinking that our monies had gone into helping the kidney patients.

I'm most sorry to learn that only 10 cents out of a dollar is spent on the patients.

I'm sorry for the NKF driver who has never got a bonus for the 10 years he worked there, while you brazenly gave yourself bonus serveral times within a year.

I'm sorry for the NKF staff who were told that their unconsumed leave would be forfeited, while you shamelessly backdated your leave increment and encashed them for $73,000.

But most of all, I'm sorry that the word "Charity" raises a stink these days. Nobody trusts charity anymore. You've done the other charity bodies a big disservice, Mr Durai. All thanks to you.

What were you thinking, Mr Durai, when you decided to sue SPH? Did you think you would walk out of the court triumphant? The way you did years ago when you sued two others who accused you of fund abuse? Why, it transpired that their accusation against you was true, wasn't it? You did travel first class, didn't you? You and your cahoots.

This time last year, did you predict that your life would undergo a 360 degree change one year later?

If you feel like you're in the pit of hell, Mr Durai, be prepared that the worse is yet to come. The last I read, charges may be laid against former managers of NKF for having milked Singapore's biggest charity and that the scandal you created may become an issue in the general elections expected as early as next year. Now you've got BIG BROTHER pissed ...

Up Yours Truly



Pissed and disgusted

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

and the best part is, the highest sentence is ONLY 2 years of jail and a fine of 50k. ONLY.

consider the amt of money he embazzled over the years.

shame on him.

- EteL

Victor said...

This is the grinning and ever-observant Uncle Victor again. Wah Etel, you stalk him until 1.25 am in the morning ah? Not the NKF CEO but Chris.

This case demonstrates that absolute power corrupts and it corrupts absolutely. But why did you say that his life has come 360 degrees one year later hah? Should be 180 degrees mah - 360 degrees will come back to face the same direction leh. ROTFL.

I know that you have mentioned to me before that your Maths is not very good. Just can't help taking a dig a you (grinning again). It just goes to show that everyone makes mistakes, some honest ones and some not-so-honest ones. Give that man a break, Chris. He has had more than his fair share of retribution.

Chris Sim said...

Etel, I see you've found time to read the papers. Good and keep it up! Hee.

2 years jail or a fine of 50K? Is that the punishment meted out to the guilty? My gosh, 50k can't even buy Uncle Vic's car! It's too light a sentence!

Chris Sim said...

Victor, if I can give that man a break, I surely will. Which part of his anatomy would you like me to break? The pleasure is all mine.

Like most unfortunate events, the NKF saga will pass. We Singaporeans are forgiving in nature. But it takes time Victor, it will take a long time. As the saying goes, time heals all wounds. And I do hope, from the bottom of my heart, that God will help us to restore our faith in NKF and other charity organisations soon.

Sleepless in Singapore said...

Mr Tan Kin Lian once mentioned in his blog that Singaporeans have very short memory. How right he was. Unfortunately, that is not a good trait because, coupled with a good heart and a trusting spirit, it only encourages people in power to take advantage of them.

dunPanic said...

I agree with the part about having short memory. Imagine, if the KMPG report was not all over the media again, would we have such a second wave of blogs talking about this issue?

However, I too think that the maximum sentence of 2 years and $50K is too light on such atrocity committed, hence I have written to the Straits Times (and hoping they publish it) to suggest that the NKF saga be included in our Moral Education and Singapore History school syllabi, so that generations of students will get to be reminded year after year of this.

Lam Chun See said...

Excellent idea to include this case study for the moral education.

Lam Chun See said...

I just came back from a week of holidays. When I opened the old newspapers I see pages and pages of dirt about the NKF affair. Really "no eye see'; so did not bother to read the details.