Monday, July 03, 2006

Mum rules, just ask Dad


Lucky the wives, the world is filled with good husbands. Just look around you.

You need not go very far. Take my colleagues for instance. Victor and I were at Leng Kee today, with our colleague Alex who was shopping around for a car. While checking out a particular model (the car, not the Sales Executive), the subject of our conversation inevitably fell on the choice of our cars and the colours.

Victor would have very likely bought a Toyota Wish if not for the "divine" intervention of his significant other who preferred the Renault Scenic. And what Victor's significant other wants, she always gets.

Alex was eyeing at the Mitsubishi Lancer. But his other half thinks the "roof" of the car is too low, and much prefers one with a higher "ceiling" like the Renault Megane. It seems almost certain that she'll get her wish (not the Toyota Wish that Victor so desires, though). Hahaha....

As for me, I much prefer the sporty black Lancer, as opposed to the chosen warm silver, the colour that I've often joked as "uncle colour". But the Slim Lady had made it known, loud and clear, that the colour black was a no go, having always considered black as bad luck. She was just being superstitious, and dumb. I wanted to ask her if she'd wish to dye her black hair blonde? Then I'll refer to her as the "Dumb Blonde" instead of the "Slim Lady" in my blog. (You're right, the Slim Lady has NEVER ever read my blog, nor does she know of its existence. My head will roll if she does...)

So, you see, we men always play the good husbands, while the women just rules. No questions about it. If this sounds sexist to you, I make no apologies for it. Me, an MCP? No, that's not true. If it's true, then pigs can fly, too :P

Category: Musings

7 comments:

Victor said...

Very humourous and entertaining post, Chris. But this time, the joke is on us. You are right. We men are an oppressed lot. And what can we do about it? Blog about it lor, like what you have done. No wonder you said that blogging is therapeutic.

Chris Sim said...

Woa Victor, how rare for us to agree on the same point. Think I better go buy 4D. Hehehehe...

I don't think oppressed is the right word. More like being tyrannised? Agreed? Say you agree. Say it, say it! And I sure kena 4D!

Victor said...

This one have to agree what. You've got all the evidences - both oral and physical. Want to deny also cannot. Tyrannised? By tyrannausauruses? Yes, yes. Shall we buy 0307 and 0703 (date of your post)? Better still, buy system roll. (Tomorrow is Wednesday.) And if any reader rubs the luck off us, don't forget to reward Unker Vic and Unker Chris. (Free popiah also good.)

iml said...

It is neither Oppressed nor tyrannised. It's just, guys do not see the point of arguing with their spouses over trivial.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post! I have to invite both my buddies to the other showrooms with me!

Incidentally we've dropped the Lancer from the list, even though it's one of the cheapest, and has an option for sunroof. Any good value-for-money full-sized wagons (other than Megane tourer) to recommend? Would need that for my growing family!

Anonymous said...

Vic: Did you wife said "you WISH" when you told her you had made a wish to get a Wish?

How's the 4D outcome? Treating us to claypot rice at Redhill?

Sleepless in Singapore said...

An old couple who had been married for decades were asked what was their secret to a successful marriage. The secret is compromise, the old man replied. Whenever my wife and I have a disagreement, we compromise. We will each calmly present our arguments and then we compromise ... and do it her way.(The Secret of Effective Government)