Saturday, November 11, 2006

Waking up with raunchy Madonna

These days, more often than not, I wake up with Madonna. Madonna's music, to be precise.

I've just got myself the iHome iH5R Docking Stereo Clock Radio that allows me to hook up my iPod. The gadget allows the selection of three different alarm sources - the buzzer, radio, or the iPod.

Needless to say, iPod is the choice. In fact, by setting the alarm to music, waking up at 6 am in the morning no longer needs to be a drag. See, I could choose any songs by any famous gals as wake-up tone. So, today's raunchy Madonna belting out "Respect Yourself", tomorrow's bitchy Paris Hilton cooing "Turn it up", and the next, dirty Christina Aguilero singing "Dirrty".

In one of my earlier posts, I've written about my contempt for Apple's iPod for its shoddy workmanship. It's not always like that. I had always wanted to get an iPod, one that's at least 30G to hold my collection of CD. I was pleased as punch when I finally got one a couple of years ago. But my affection for my iPod soon turned to frustration when it insisted in dying on me several times for no apparent reasons. Personally, the iPod is nothing more than a piece of over-priced junk that's made in China. Apparently, the selling points at Apple's is not on quality but on Life-style. In terms of durability, I don't think it's any where near the relatively cheaper MP3 players by Creative. But just one look at the sleek and elegant series of iPod by Apple is enough to make you fall head over heels in love with them!

But let's come back to the iH5R (Damn! I juz learned that it was also MIC!). Doesn't it look cool or what? I know this purchase sounds very much like one of my many other impulsive buys. But look at it this way... it's my way of salvaging my much neglected iPod which has been left in the shelf collecting dust for ages.... Besides, I get to wake up with Madonna and Paris Hilton :P

10 comments:

Victor said...

Another impulsive buy in a vain attempt to justify a previous one? Two wrongs doesn't make a right, Chris.

Regarding MIC, a lot of things are MIC now. Even some peoples' wives are. It's something that you can't avoid. LOL.

Chris Sim said...

You're right Victor. If all else fail, there's always e-bay and yahoo auction. But I got a feeling that the speaker, though MIC, would last. :P

You contemplating getting a MIC mistress, too? Don't be another Bryn, the NTU Don, unless you like your photo splashed across our national papers. You've been fore-warned.

Lam Chun See said...

I thot iPod is for kids - remember that label 'hip'. To me it's liao lui.

Victor said...

The trouble is that Chris' subconscious mind keeps telling him that he's still a kid. The worst part is that he believes it!

Lam Chun See said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Sim said...

Oh plezz unkers ... who says ipod's for kids? I said I bought the ipod couple of years ago... when I was a young kid. Now, I'm a much older kid.

We have a kid in each one of us. Life can be fun mah.

AAARRGGHHHH!

Anonymous said...

Madonna a smart lady, knows how to repackage herself to stay on top. She can even call herself by another name Ester. Can we ?

Lam Chun See said...

You mean you actually believe that "We grow old because we stop playing" thing?

Chris Sim said...

Zen. Huh? Why would u wanna call yourself Esther? LOL. Juz kidding. Yes Madonna is one spunky gal. She's always reinventing herself. But she's always causing controversies. That's why I say she's quite shrewd. Controversies ensure that she's never out of limelight or news. That's the mark of a really shrewd artistes. We may not agree with everything that she does; but her never say die (get real, she's never really a good vocalist) attitude has made her what she is today - a singer with lots of staying power. How many younger sweeter singers can achieve that?

Chun See - you're quite a cynic hor? And a sceptic too. In my office, there are young colleagues who behave like 50 year old because they are so passive and listless. If you don't know any better, you would think that Victor was only 23. Growing old is inevitable. But remaining Young At Heart is really our choice to make. Take that from a 42 to a 54. Hee.

Anonymous said...

Americans have a very sharp verbal assault on their opponents, that is: "If you are that smart, why are you not rich?", very hard to rebutt them. The is why Madonna could just call herself by another name, and she is on her way to wealth. We local fellas could adopt another name, but most likely to hide behind it,sad to say like Zen.