Friday, October 14, 2005

A belated birthday celebration

MM, a very dear friend and colleague of mine decided to buy me lunch today. It was a treat for my birthday, which she had cleared forgotten.

She, a kind and gentle soul, ALWAYS remembers birthdays. She is the kinda gal who thoughtfully makes lovely and personalised birthday cards with meaningful hand-written messages for the birthday guy or gal. The kinda gal who has never failed to remind me of the birthdays of other colleagues, year in year out. She has never evar forgotten my birthday. Until now, that is.

Of course I was disappointed. But I don't hold it against MM, really. Life's hectic as it is. We are all so caught up with our own lives, both at work and at home. Is it any wonder that friends drift apart?

1 comment:

Victor said...

How could I leave even an innocuous post like that unanswered? The way you have been pestering me for comments which I have yet to find time to answer is like I owe you it you, hee. So this boring Sunday afternoon with nothing interesting to do, I am catching up on my 'homework'. When I give, I give my all. Hence half a dozen of your posts get answered today.

It's good to leave BAGUS lunch partners once a while to rekindle ties with old flames, I mean friends. Do not worry about us - I seriously doubt any of us would miss you for 1 day.