Sunday, October 02, 2005

Say NO to iPod


I don't know about Apple's other products, but Apple's iPod sucks and sucks big time. Ya I know I've posted an entry against "whining" but what's a man to do if Apple gave him reasons enough to do so??

Since I purchased the iPod last December, I've had visited the Apple Care Centre twice; and it seems very likely that I'll pay Apple a visit the 3rd time, and all for the same problem - the iPod freezes for no apparent reason.

Inexplicably, we continue to get good reviews on the iPod and Apple's latest baby, the NANO. To me, it's all commercial hype. Some may think that perhaps mine was just a case of hard luck (Victor would have called it "ARSE" luck). Apple gave me a "new" iPod each time I sent the faulty one for service, as long as the gadget is still under warranty. So, being struck by a streak of "arse" luck three times in a roll is just too much of a coincidence.

IPod may have scored on its look - and the latest NANO is no exception. But what's the point of shelling out more then $550 for a gadget that looks pretty but breaks down often?

In the effort to stay competitive, companies such as Apple has shifted their operations to countries such as China where labours are cheap. Unfortunately, the products produced are also short on quality. Indeed, the fine print at the back of the iPod has the inscription "Assembled in China". Therein lies the problem, I suppose...

Admittedly, I've been eyeing at the "iPod-to-die for" NANO until my iPod decided to act perculiar again this time round. A resolution has been made - when it comes to Apple products, it's gonna be a BIG and definite NONO instead of NANO as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it should be renamed NABEH, pardon my language. I've had it with Apple.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Haha, I like the name 'Nono' which you coined instead of 'Nano'. We are getting quite Creative here hor. In addition to 'Nabei' and 'IPOD' ('I'm a Piece Of Dung'), I have thought of a new one - 'Lemon' (American informal word meaning 'a useless thing that does not work properly'). It is uncannily funny too, listen to this - 'Apple Sells Lemons', wahaha.

Ok if this would make you feel better - if you have bought Creative instead, you might not be any better off. I think the main problem with all these products now is that they have inferior quality because they are 'MIC' (go figure).

Chris Sim said...

I don't believe a word about creative's product being worse then Apple. That man at Apple Service Centre was practising what most loyal employee do - Not biting the hand that feed you.

The iPod's internal battery last only the most 3 years. It costs at least $200 to replace it and has to be done by "professional". Creative's zen battery can be purchased at a quarter of what it costs the iPod's and you can fix it up yourself. Just my "arse" luck to have bought iPod lor :<