Wednesday, October 12, 2005

SeDItiOUs

The office is a jungle; that much I know. It's a place all creatures great and small, preys and predators gather, 9 hours a day, 45 hours a week. Much as I hate to admit it, we do have the tendency to stereotype people in our office, or was it just me? We have the "hardworking" along side the "lazy bums"; the "easily-satisfied-live-today-for-tomorrow" along side the "ambitious and far-sighted", the "humbles" along side the "arrogant".

I should be so happy today, having presented the last of my presentation to the big boss in the morning. But my day was almost ruined by one of the "arrogants" today. Why do they always behave the way they do? Or was it in the blood? No this is not a post about colours. It's about being kind to your co-workers, about being tactful in your dealings with them and ya, about being congenial with each other. All is asked for is a fair degree of decent courtesy. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

Victor said...

You've listed several categories of people in the office but have been careful enough not to reveal which category that you classify me under. (I bet it couldn't be 'hardworking' nor 'humble', about the only good categories you have.)

It takes every kind to make up this world so live, let live and learn to work harmoniously together. Accept others warts and all and you'll find the working environment so much more pleasant.