Friday, October 07, 2005

Birthday lunch treat from the gang of BAGUS

I'll be lying if I say I'm surprised at the BAGUS team for having pulled off something like buying me lunch for my birthday. I knew the guys and the lady were up to something and the anticipation grew as the days past last week. Hahaha.. Anyway, members in the Bagus team have started a tradition of sort, buying lunch and celebrating the birthdays of the members. It started with VT's birthday on July, then JO's and Lest's on Aug. This month, it's my turn to get pampered. Hee.

Well, birthday lunch was at Seoul Garden Restaurant in Jurong Point. Something quite unexpected because who would want to have buffet during office lunch when time is limited and you can't eat to your hearts' content? But I'm glad the guys brought me to Seoul Garden. I've wanted to dine there on a few occasions with the kids and the Slim Lady but never really got round to it. The spread at the restaurant ain't bad at all, especially the many different kinds of marinated beef. Service, though not outstanding, was ok. Beat the time we celebrated JO's birthday at Green Brew. In fact, the food tasted good enough for me to convince Slim Lady to try the restaurant at TM's branch this Sunday, my actual birthday.

Yesterday, my boss and colleagues also bought a cake to celebrate my birthday and that of another colleague's. Quite unexpected. But I guess it's gesture like this that makes your colleagues and bosses endearing to you and makes you realise that your existence in this world (or rather in the office) really means something to someone. If the cake and good wishes aren't "a celebration" and appreciation of YOUR life, I don't know what is.

OKD, a dear colleague of mine, also surprised me with a box of Chocolates. How sweet.

1 comment:

Victor said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the lunch and the company too yesterday, Chris. Well, I am sure the rest of the Bagus team enjoyed it as much as you did.

You are dining at Seoul Garden tomorrow again? My advice is to go easy on it ok. Such rich food in huge quantities (it's a buffet) are meant to be had only once a year.

I knew you would blog about the lunch experience by smirk on your face at lunch yesterday, hee. Well, I had Part 2 of Vanishing Scenes up too. Go check it out. It's a long one (like my horse).