Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Me and my new toy .....

I bought myself a toy today. Ok, so it's not exactly brand new. It's a 2-month old nokia phone - Nokia 6260, a phone which I've been lusting after for sometime. I just love the look and feel of Nokia 6260. It costs me $240 from a Yahoo auction where I placed a bid and won. It would set me back by at least $300 if I were to get a brand new one from a retail store, without a line connection. Now, sitting in front of my computer, writing this blog, I wonder why I bought it at all. Firstly, the phone has too many features which I don't think I'll ever need. It features a camera with a lousy resolution, a radio which is not even in stereo, and Bluetooth connection which allows me to hook up a wireless headset and roam the earth looking like some kinda alien from Mars. The best joke of all - the gods in my office have issued strict directives stipulating that camera and video phones are not to see the light of day in the office premises. Well fine. It would be my weekend phone.

This is not to say that I regret buying the phone. There's no time for regrets. Let's just say I love to give myself bonuses sometimes. After all, the time is right for some retail therapy. It's The Great Singapore Sale, of course!!

3 comments:

Victor said...

When you said toy, I thought you meant s?? toy. (Knowing you, haha.)
Ok, no regrets but if I offer you $200, are you will to let go your beloved toy? ... Only joking.

Oh so when you asked me if I use "HELL" you meant "HELLO" is it? Of course, I learn new technology fast, you know.

Chris Sim said...

Hello Mr Koo. It's one thing to joke, with sexual undertones, in the office; and another to do so in public domain. I have my reputation to uphold you know. I'll sure you for slander! So what do you mean by s?? TOYS? Scary toy? Sizzling toy? SEX TOY izzit? How to find that in our country?? You supplier ah?

Victor said...

Hey Chris, you may be very knowledgeable when it comes to the Internet but have you been out on S'pore streets? In particular, Geylang Road. It is not a sleazy backlane shop I am talking about but a proper shop on the main road. Mind you, it was 'manned' by a very charming young lady. Where have you been all these while? In recent years, our gahmen (and society in general) have become very open and tolerant of such things. Go and find out for yourself. I know that you are going to tell me that you don't frequent such places. To open up you eyes (and mind), maybe I can offer you a free guided day-time tour of the vicinity this coming Saturday 11 Jun 05?