Monday, June 06, 2005

A new hobby....

I have taken up a new hobby - keeping fishes and aquatic plants. Like keeping a blog, rearing fishes can be rather therapeutic. I can sit in front of the aquarium, admiring my fishes for hours; and if I can take my fish for a walk, I would. I've added quite a number of fish in my aquarium, among them - cardinal tetra, rummy nose, guppies, green-eye tetra. Sometimes, I feel like a retiree, whose only pass time is keeping fishes and washing his car over the weekend. But my good pal, Victor Koo reminded me that I'm luckier than most retirees, many of whom may not have the means to own a car. Victor never fails to make me feel how lucky I am, to be born in the "lap of luxury".

Last weekend, Victor brought me to a fish farm. I've never seen so many variety of fish for sales. Colourful ones, and dull-looking ones; huge ones and big ones. And the price are all dirt cheap too. The lady who owns the farm was extremely kind and helpful and I bought so many fishes that I had to stay up late to care for them until the wee hours. Needless to say, I ended up with dark circles under my eyes the following day; all thanks to Victor Koo.

Here, take a look at my aquarium. Ain't it pretty??


My aquarium Posted by Hello


My fishes and aquatic plants..... Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Victor said...

Ok lah, I got your comment via mail notification. Itching for someone to post you a comment to prove that it works, is it? Shan't let you wait any longer. Here's my comment.

Thanks for sending me your blog link via e-mail. I thought blogspot mentioned that it's considered "excessive self-promotion" by doing so and against the rule?

I like the interesting manner with which you tell your story. It's very fairy-tale like. Macam like the very famous 'Chris' - Hans Chris Anderson.

Next week I will bring you to another fish farm at Pasir Ris Dr 12 called Mainland Fish Farm. Have you been there before? It is quite near where you live. The entrance of the farm is near the bend where Drive 12 joins Drive 3 (quite near where you live). It is highly recommended to bring your children. It is very therapeutic too, especially for the parents, because when the children are busy feeding the fishes, the parents can have time to read the papers, smell the roses or make some much needed small talk with each other. The farm has a small aviary and a man-made longkang with small fishes to keep the hyperactive kids occupied. Entrance to the farm and parking is free. All else are not. Fish feed you also must buy at $1 per pack, unless you manage to sneak in your own, hehe.