Sunday, November 06, 2005

A revamped blog

I decided to give my blog a new look today. The sky-blue background was fresh and cheery when it started; but it was beginning to look kinda boring and worn-out, though not spider-web covered like what Vic's blog used to be...LOL.

The original sky-blue background was chosen not without a reason. The sky, like the ocean, depicts openness, freedom and happiness. This translated into the openness and freedom in the way I blog - anything I want, when I want and how I want it (more of this later in my next entry). Of course recent events have shown that, like the print media, you could be held liable for your writings that may have the potential of causing social "upheavals" in our society. It calls to mind the "seditious" charges against some young punks whose blogs on multi-racial Singapore got them into hot soup with the law-enforcers recently. It goes without saying that we have to take responsibilities in what we write. And in this age of political-correctness, there're certain issues or OB markers that we should be mindful of and never ever think of crossing the line.

Anyway, back to my revamped blog. The new background looks kinda like a galaxy out in space. The main clipart at the top with a scene of what looks like autumn is something I ripped of the net. Pretty as a picture, isn't it? I know the background looks kinda moody, brooding and dark; but you can be assured that it's not an indication of how I'm feeling with my life right now. The galaxy, like the sky and the ocean, also depicts openness and freedom. Now, if only I can get my hand on an animated GIF of autumn leaves falling, ever so gently and gracefully, all over the monitor, even as I surf.....

5 comments:

Victor said...

I like the new look of your blog, with all the lotus flowers (?) falling down across the screen every now and then. I am pretty impressed with your resourcefulness in getting the new background and animated gif. What's more, the mysterious name of your blog, i.e. '********' seemed to have been rightfully replaced.

However, seriously speaking, the stark contrast (black background and white letters) gave me after-images after I have stared at your blog for some time. Ok, it may be the fault of my weak old post-cataract eyes. Maybe Chun See can help confirm if it happens to him too since he is er... older than me, I think. Or maybe I should just pick up speed reading - please don't change anything just because of my comments since I acknowledge that it's your prerogative how you want your blog to look like.

At the very least, I am very glad that you no longer seemed suicidal.

Chris Sim said...

Thanks for the compliment Victor. That's the national flower of Taiwan or plum blossom (and not the plump bosoms of FL, mind you, drool as you might... hee). Not very apt for the autumn clipart on my blog; but it's the closest I could find....

There's nothing wrong with your eyes, Victor, despite hours of entertaiment from the Discovery Channel. Not sure about Chun See, but even young(er) man like myself (the creator of the blog, no less), find it a strain on my eyes. I may change it to something green, perhaps? Afterall, as you so aptly said so, I have the perogative to change the way I want my blog to look.

Suicidal? Who said anything about bing suicidal? If I'm gone, who else will leave comments on your blog(besides Chun See)? Who's gonna give you that "push" to clean up your act, I mean the spider-web on your blog? And who else, pray tell, will help to drive the BAGUS team out for lunch?

Victor said...

I like your 'dyslexic' transformation of the word from 'plum blossoms' to 'plump bossoms'. The English Language is beautiful isn't it? Only 1 missing or additional letter and the word changes its meaning entirely. And only a person like you could have thought of something like that. As I have always said you are always very good with your words. You will be glad to know that your 'penis mightier than your sword'. With this, may I add that one missing space in the English Language can also alter the meaning of an entire sentence, wahaha.

Oh I nearly forgot to add that there's one more problem with the dark background of your blogsite. Whenever I point at a link that I want to click on, the link mysteriously disappeared into the star-studded universe. Then I am literally left groping in the dark. This is not very good for eyes that are around 50 years or more (sorry Chun See if you are reading this).

Hmm... I just thought of some ideas! I can boost the pathetic number of comments on your blogsite by doing the following:

a Split up my comments into several comments, each containing only one sentence or better still, one word or one character each.

b I can delete and resubmit my comments any number of times you like. I noticed that the number count of comments does not drop with a deletion.

How? (Evil laughter)

Victor said...

Still haven't thought of a counter-counter attack, Chris? Here's one more suggestion - switch off your spam control and get more spam to boost your comment counts. Btw, this frivolous comment already added one more to the count, wahaha.

Chris Sim said...

Ya, Victor, "The penis mightier then the sword", or have you misplaced your pen and dunno where your penis? This joke is so "yesteryears", you know? Hee!

你知道你有多烦吗? For your sake, I've changed the "rollover" colour of the hyperlink to yelllow. In case you got cataract and blame me...