Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The power of prayer

Thank you all for your prayers.

My mum is still in the ICU but is making good progress. The operation went smoothly. She was to be transferred to a general ward, but the Doc ordered her to stay for another day in the ICU when she started vomiting out the food she ate and complained about giddiness. We were assured, though, that is quite normal for patients who have had by-pass surgery.

My Dad, so used to having her around at home, was kinda depressed. I brought him along to visit my mum, who was conscious and spoke to us a little. That sort of cheered my Dad up.

The road to recovery is a long one. But praise the Lord, my mum is recuperating. She can look forward to holding and cuddling her fourth grandchild comes June!

The power of prayer and the words of comfort, reassurance, encouragement telling me to think positive.... All these from people whom I've never met like Evan, "It's my life story" (sorry but how do I address thee?), Chun See, and Frannxis. And yes, my good pal Victor and Alex, and BAGUS, too. Good bless all you kind souls.

James 5:13-16 ... confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.


Category: Personal

11 comments:

Lam Chun See said...

Amen. Praise God.

iml said...

Good to hear that your mum is on the road to recovery. Now is the time to shower her with extra hugs of love.
Lling

fr said...

I too believe in the power of Faith and Positive Thoughts.

Anonymous said...

chris, glad yr mum is doing ok. hope she can be discharged in no time. meanwhile, will continue to pray for her healing.

the slim lady is pregnant?? congrats! i tot yr factory gonna close down oredi...hehe

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she is doing better. Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Chris Sim said...

Thanks pfong for dropping by, and the well wishes.

Evan, no lah, not Slim Lady. Actually it's my brother. He lost his unborn child last year when his wife was 5 months into her pregnancy. I did an entry about it here. Praise the Lord now they are looking forward to being parents again!

Victor said...

Great to hear from you in the office today that your mum's out of the ICU already. This must have been a trying time for your mum and your family. Have the strength to soldier on.

me said...

i was silently doing prayers for u.. and realised how fragile life is.

take good care of urself too uncle chris. :)

Chris Sim said...

Thanks etel for you prayers. My mum is fine. Everything's going to be alright.

Victor, tks. I know I can always draw strength from you and count on you :))

me said...

"Victor, tks. I know I can always draw strength from you and count on you :)) "

that is so sweet!

Victor said...

Etel, always so ambiguous one - so sweet of me to encourage Chris or so sweet of Chris in the way he thanked me? Haha.