Sunday, February 04, 2007

A brand new look

I thought I'd give my blog a brand new look. Victor would have said my "backside itchy" nothing better do, is it? Ya, I guess I am... on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Anyway, once in a while, I'd let my "creative juice" flow and juz fiddle with my blog... trying to give it a new "outfit". Anyway, the blog is mine, I do and write what I want. Nobody can argue with that.

But no, nobody has died... in case you're wondering why the dark and moody background. It's the best colour to hide the imperfection of the photo I took in Down Under and which has undergone some kinda artistic transformation with the aid of photoshop.

I juz can't seem to get the photo in line with the main body of the blog... The edges are a little crude, I think... But than again... it's my blog. Hahaha..

My new tag - 人生如戏,戏如人生。Sometimes, life is stranger then fiction, don't you agree?

And that song in the background - Shape of My Heart by Sting. I'm not really a fan of Sting, but I heard this song while watching "The Professional" on DVD and I juz fell in love with the Lolita song... So, I went out to buy the CD straight away! Movies made us men do the darnest things!

Category: Musings

12 comments:

Victor said...

What matters most is the substance of a blog and not its dressing up. However, I must say your blog is very interesting read and has lots of substance.

Ahh... I noticed that you have included a photo of yourself and Junior. Looks so handsome (Junior, I mean) - ECL sure swoon one. LOL.

Chris Sim said...

Yala, yala... u have said this several times, not about me being handsome (I'd be worried, coming from you) but about how beauty (like my blog) is skin deep.

As Rainbow would have said, we're not so eloquent mah... 牙坚咀利
的孙老猴!

eastcoastlife said...

Wah!! Not bad-looking leh! (I dun mean Junior!) *wink*

I thot I went to the wrong blog. Nice change.

Chris Sim said...

Jayne, you're making me swell...look like Kwong San Woo or not arh? Actually it's a case of "looking good from far; but far from good". ROFL. Juz decided to upload my pix rather then wait till I'm all bald and wrinkled.

Wait till you see Victor's photo should he decide to upload his. I guarantee you'll be swept off your feet. You'd agree we dun have the typical CS look one. Like my new look (not my face but my blog)? Thanks!

eastcoastlife said...

You're right about the 'dun wait until you are all bald and wrinkled' thingy.

It took me a long time before I put up my photo. My son was the one who encouraged me to do so. Deep down, he's very proud of his 老马子。(this is not a typo error. He calls me tat!)

Sorry, but I really do not have a good impression of Civil Servants until I 'meet' you two, oh and cool insider.

Anonymous said...

As my daughter would say .. Yeee.. dark and moody and from down under some more.

Joking only lah. Quite nice and gives the blog an identity. And not for dressing up only ok.

Anonymous said...

新年穿新衣!
Now I know how you look...heh heh..
*non-evil*

Chris Sim said...

Woa, my new outfit for my blog looks perfect in my home PC with 1024 by 768 res. Got quite a shock when I access my office internet with 1280 by 1024 res - the new layout looks quite yukky with the main pic (not the one with me and junior) totally out of sync with the main body of the blog .... sigh...

Jayne, 你那漂亮的脸孔,魔鬼般的身材,早就该给我们大开眼界了。哈哈哈!

Chun See, thanks. Definitely not juz for dressing up... Hee.

Tigerfish - yahor... 新年快到了! New outfit for my blog! Hahaha.

Victor said...

Somehow, I just can't load your new blog completely using Internet Explorer - the browser always tells me that it encountered a problem and has to close after it loads your latest post. However, when I use Firefox, there is no problem. I suspect it could be your new layout lor.

Anonymous said...

now i know how u look like, when i see u on the streets i will say HI!!

and if i see another 孙老侯 beside u with dimples, i'll know who he is........

XD

tigerfish said...

左看右看 , now I know liow! You look a bit like the other Creative Sim hor ? :O (from far lah...coz the pic is equivalent as afar mah...)
But he not married yet leh...dunno how to have a junior....buahahahahha

iml said...

Finally a facial identity to the blog!!