Saturday, March 17, 2007

Six bloggers I want to get stranded with in an Island


If I were to be stranded
In an Island far away
I want these bloggers
To be with me all day

First in the list
Is the playful Monkey
His tricks and antics
Never fail to amaze me

The agile Monkey could fix anything
While swinging from tree to tree
He loves challenges, there's no doubt
Why? He even belts out songs, singing with his lil' red butt!

The ever-changing Chameleon is next
Oh, she roars so fearlessly
Her resourcefulness and determination
Really know no boundaries

With her wackiness and humour
She’d bring us much joy
And keep us occupied for hours
With her variety of toys

The Tasty Fish from California
She’s so far yet so near
She tickles our gastronomical taste buds
With her terrific culinary skill

Day after day she'd whip up
Imaginary spread of yumminess
And when we're done with playing masak-masak
We'll turn on the Tasty Fish
For a real feast!

The Sentimental Fool
Is a treasure to behold
He'd keep our boredom at bay
With numerous tales of yesteryears

The Kopi Soh
Whose "acquaintance" I've juz made
Has to be in the Island, too
For the wonderful kopi that she brews

Oh, how could I have missed out
The aromatic Peppermint?
Her simple takes on life's adventures
Make for a very good read

There you have it
My six blogger friends
To live or to perish
In the Island, we'd stick to the very end

(Disclaimer: Juz some fun verses.... dun blame me for tagging you hor. Blame Jayne, the Chameleon lor ....)

Category: Humoresque

20 comments:

Victor said...

Hahaha, we have the same 4 persons in our lists. (Do you realise that actually there are 6 people stranded on the deserted island, including the writer?) Maybe we should really try it out for real one day? This is one trip for which you don't have to pack too much clothes... because you are not going many places lah... what were you thinking, Jisuz!

Chris Sim said...

Oopss... I juz added one more of my blogger friends! How could I have missed out Liling!

Chris Sim said...

Oh plz Victor. Who wants to get stranded with you. Dunno what Monkey tricks you'd be up to next. Shudder. Wahahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including me in your islands. No need for me to post lah. No doubt the topo king and gregarious (wat does that cheem word mean?) monkey will be there too. If we run out of coconuts, we can alway eat what Indiana Jones had in one of The Temple of Doom.

Chris Sim said...

And drink from the cup of the Holy Grail?

oceanskies79 said...

Wow Chris, I am impressed by the way you string your responses to the meme in the form of a poem. Good one.

Victor said...

You are losing it, Chris. Not all of the verses rhyme. Sloppy piece of work.

Chris Sim said...

Oceanskies79
Thanks.... it's really meant to be silly... especially the part about the Monkey. Hey, that rhymes too! LOL

Victor
Oh plezzz... who says a poem has to rhyme? Like the monkeys, u know nuts... Hng!

KopiSoh said...

I am so honoured you chose to be stranded with me, yippee!!! Errr if only you know me, how "seow" i can be, you might want to rethink. But dun worry for now I go scavage food for U, see if can find kopi plant or not, make kopi 4 u :o))

Victor said...

Chris, you've been tagged. For instructions, go to Walter's link provided in my post. Happy blogging.

Unknown said...

Waah.... you guys are upping the ante man... Gulp! I thought of doing a simple 5 bloggers thingy but each one I visit is better than the other! Way to go Chris!

Shilpa said...

Hi Chris, I followed the trail from ECL to Victor and down to you! Haha, it just keeps getting funnier and funnier!! A poem just for this?!? ;-) Enjoyed it, though! Yah, now I feel pressured to write a proper one! Not sure I'd want a singing butt, though! Imagine if the butt has bad breath!! mwahaha!! Sick!

KopiSoh said...

Came back to let you know I completed your meme already. Hope I did you proud.

Anonymous said...

Another homework to passup? :O
Teow you all arh, my cooking really so-so only lah...希望越大,失望越大 , later all of you go hungry in the island...I teow u...

eastcoastlife said...

Wah Mr Auntie-killer 师奶杀手!
See how many women scuttling to your blog! hehe...

You got it wrong liao! Only 5 bloggers, how come you can take another one! So greedy leh you! Liddat I also want la.

sigh... with such great choice of ladies, I really have to play with my fruits liao!!! muahahaha....

KopiSoh said...

Chris this is so farnie, you count salah, and tag me, I follow now everyone oso want to bring six bloggers instead of five. :O))

KopiSoh said...

Oh btw my animations are from http://www.bigoo.ws/
Enjoy!!

Chris Sim said...

Jayne
Dun anyhow say lah. The Slim Lady gets jealous. She may juz become a serial killer of all aunties. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Hehehe

FH & Jayne
I didn't see salah lah. I think the island has room for 1 or 2 more mah....So I tambah lor... so many trees but so little women..... ;)

Walter
A poem uses less words... Sometimes, I find it easier to write. Adn it's more fun, too!

Shilpa
Welcome! The monkey not only sings with his butt, he talks with it too. Hehehe... No worries if the monkey farts. The aromatic kopi brewed by FH would waft in the air ....hahaha...

iml said...

Yikes!!!stranded on the island??? Hmmm...With good company. I don't mind. Just remember to bring lots of sunblock ya.

Shilpa said...

OK, I just handed in my assignment! Sorry, you not among the five, but I like to read your blog! Added you to my favourites, hope you don't mind! :)