Friday, April 20, 2007

What? I forgot what I was about to blog...

OMG. Tell me this is not happening. Is age catching up with me or what? Or was I simply distracted?


  • I arrived at the office, plunked myself in front of my workstation, turned on the computers, and hit the play button of my CD player for some music. About 15 minutes into my job, I suddenly felt the deafening silence. And it dawned on my that I had forgotten to tune up the volume of the CD player. Shucks! I had missed the first track of Madonna's "Confession On A Dance Floor"... Hit the rewind button!

  • I knocked off at 5 pm and was patiently queuing at my favorite chicken rice stall when my phone rang. It was my Mama, and she asked, "Are you on your way already? I told you I'm cooking. Wanna tapau or come here and eat?" Damn! For once, I was happy that the queue was long.

  • I was running some errand, and the Slim Lady told me to pick up a loaf of bread. I said sure, and arrived home empty-handed. No, she didn't make me kneel on durian husks. Heheh. But that night, she complained of a nasty "headache". Arrgghh!

  • I was all set, in my car, ready to drive off to work. But my mind kept wondering, "Did I lock the main door?" I was sure I did, but found myself heading back to my flat again, juz to make sure that the door is indeed locked!

  • A few Sundays ago, I decided to prepare steamboat for my family (maybe I'll blog about this, if I remember, that is... heheh). Everything I needed for the steamboat was ready - prawns, pork, mushroom, crab meat, cockles - everything. "Dinner is served," I announced proudly to my family. Then, the Slim Lady, bowls in her hands, asked, "Where is the rice?" Shucks! I forgot to cook the rice!

  • I forgot where I parked my car.

  • Once, I forgot I was boiling water (on the stove!), and happily left the house to run some errands.


I know, we've been told that our brain cells die everyday; in fact they start dying the very moment we were born, never to be replaced. But at 42 going on 24, I categorically deny my age is acting up! It has to be those DISTRACTIONS and NUISANCE around me. No doubt about it.

Category: Musings

21 comments:

Victor said...

Your forgetfulness (and repetitive actions) is called obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It is partly due to growing old and cannot be blamed on anyone.

And why are you linking me all over your post? Pleeeze, I would like to have some privacy, you animal! Remove my links from all your posts.

Anonymous said...

Shall I address you ah pek or ah chek?

iml said...

hehehe..... better start playing mahjong, drink at least one cup of coffee a day, take up russian language and oh, don't forget to eat more fruits. You do want to keep those synapses pulsing don't you?

Anonymous said...

wahahahahahahahaha

I also did some of the things you mentioned above ley!

Come to think of it, GD's memory is good, he remembers almost everything I've mentioned before. As for me, I'm just glad to remember him =x

wahahahahahha~

Chris Sim said...

Victor:
Dun be such an A**. And stop being such a copycat, you animal. Ok fine, so I'm getting old. But you ARE OLDER. What an A**! Oopss.. sorry, I keep repeating the A** word... must be OCD! LOL

Chris Sim said...

Tigerfish:
Excuse me? Ah pek or Ah chek, those labels belong to Victor, ok? As a matter of fact, some hawker aunties still call me 阿弟, ok? Hee!

Chris Sim said...

IML:
I dunno how to play mahjong, but I'm willing to learn.... I heard it helps to keep our mind alert and prevent dementia. As for fruits, I hate them. Dun even fancy durian.

Chris Sim said...

Etel:
Goodness gracious me. My hair all stood on end leh.... Yes, your GD does have good memories considering he is 52 going on 25. But it's failing, I'm telling ya. He parked his car in B2 in the office, and was looking for it in B1 at the end of the day. That's how good a memory he has. LOL

Lam Chun See said...

I forgot what I want to comment.

Victor said...

Wahahaha. Chun See can joke hor. See, I still can appreciate a good joke when I hear one. So I am certainly not suffering from dementia anytime soon. ;)

Shilpa said...

HAhaha, if it's of any consolation, some of these things also happen to this 30-year-old auntie here! :) Eh, got once one of my cousins paid me a visit after travelling all over France. When she handed me her bag of laundry, I was so enthusiastic to make her comfortable, so I did her laundry, but only when I was putting it in the dryer that I realised I forgot to add soap, hahaha!! Malu man!

Eh, headache not so bad, as long as SL didn't wear a chastity durian husk, mwahaha!!

Victor said...

Chris - Another sure sign of your disorder - I am 51 going on 15, not 52 going on 25. Please don't make me older than I already am.

Shilpa - France got sell chastity durian husk ah? If got men's model, can buy one for me? Muahahaha.

Chris Sim said...

Shilpa:
Wah... is that what you wore to fend off your hubby arh? Or did your hubby make you wear them to fend of other men arh? Durian one some more! Hee!

Chris Sim said...

Victor:
51 going on 15, 52 going on 25... watever. Juz act your age.

Chris Sim said...

Chun See:
I also forgot how to comment on your comment.

Shilpa said...

Victor, over here got no chastity durian husks lah, but got ppl I encounter in the train who don't shower, so the effect is the same! mwahaha!

Chris, no need to put the durian husk over any specific anatomy, lah, open one durian good enough to give my hubby a headache, haha! same goes for the other men!

Victor said...

Shilpa, here the sellers open the durians for you. No need to sweat it out yourself or risk getting pricked by the sharp thorns. Got time bring you go and try. The durian season is here liao. Just tried last Friday. $5 per durian. Tok gong man.

Chris Sim said...

Oh yah Shilpa, silly me... I forgot your hubby non-chinese hor? BTW, did you know that someone in Thailand invented odourless durians? I think he did so for the angmohs. Funny hor? Some pple said durians without the odour are like roses without thorns. Or, eating chicken rice without the chicken; prawn noodles without the prawns.... crazy... hehehe..

Shilpa said...

Wah, Victor, really tok gong! thanks for the offer, but actually, I'm not that crazy over durian, eat one or two seeds too full to eat anything else liao. but will definitely take pictures! :)

Yah, Chris, he can't tahan durian smell, but you should see some of the cheeses they have here, definitely don't smell any milder, man! Yup, I heard about the odourless durians, but what's the point right? If got no smell means got no taste, so I might as well go and chew on a sock, wouldn't know the difference, haha!

Victor said...

>"but will definitely take pictures".

Of me eating durians? No way.

>might as well go and chew on a sock

Haven't tried before but I think a sock (used one) should have more smell and taste than durian. Yee...

Chris Sim said...

Shilpa:
Oh no.... the scientist who invented this odourless durians promises that other then the smell, the taste remains intact. So clever hor. But without the smell, how are we gonna sniff out the durian stalls arh? Hehehe... As for the chewing of the sock, maybe a shoe would taste better. Juz ask Victor - he has a fetish on high-heel shoes... kinky... ROTFL.