Monday, July 04, 2005

Army Daze

Slept badly last night. I was awoke at 4.30am, tossing and turning, then 5.15am and finally decided to get up at 6.15am.

It was raining cats and dogs on my way to the SAF camp. Ate just a piece of measly bread and a cup of coffee. Tummy felt funny. Maybe it was stress.

When I reached the lecture room, almost all the other trainees were already seated. I wasn't late. All were in army uniform, and all eyes were on me. Scanned the room for Kwan, a colleague of mine attending the same course but failed to see him. Felt like such an odd ball. Thankfully, by lunchtime, has made acquaintance with most of the participants. The 18 of us were divided into groups of six.

The lectures were pretty concise and good. The fundaments behind the topics were basic but the exercises were quite complex. Lots of unfamiliar military terminology was used.... This created a slight problem during discussion with fellow trainees. However, "army dazed" I certainly am not. After all, I've served years in the army before... Still, am not sure if the course is totally relevant....

Honestly, I'm beginning to enjoy the course, but that doesn't mean I'm not counting though... one down and four more days to go!

No comments: