Sunday, July 10, 2005

The making of a chef .......

Daryl, my senior junior, announced today that he would be preparing dinner. Apparently, he has been taught how to whip up a mean plate of spaghetti during the home econs lesson in school. The feedback he got from his teacher was that his spaghetti tasted better then most of his classmates. So proud was he that he couldn't wait for us to be his guinea pigs.

See the chef in the making at work.... It's really cute he even don an apron while preparing the food. Quite clumsy I must say, but this is his first attempt and I'm sure he'll get better next time.


I think our educators have done a terrific job trying to make "house husbands" out of our boys. In my time, only girls needed to attend home econs lessons. I suppose with most families being duo-income these days, the power that be recognises that the men can no longer be spared the household chores... How clever of them to make the boys learn cooking!

Take a look at the final products of Daryl's first attempt at cooking dinner. I know what you're thinking ....The photo does not do justice to the actual food.... The proof of the pudding is really in the tasting.

On a scale of 1-10, the slim lady and I gave Daryl a 7. It taste quite good. And yes, he made us proud. After all, how many of us grown man can claim to have cook dinner for the family??

No comments: