Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The daze thinkens...

Day two.

The lectures were getting heavier and the exercises more complex. They gets so military-centric that I wanna to just give up at times.

Thankfully, I was not asked to present. Instead, Richard, one of the soldiers, volunteered and I thought he did a terrific job, more so then the participants from the other two teams. I don't think I or kwan should be presenting in all honesty, and if we're asked to, we should resist. The presentation is really a vehicle for the regulars to shine, and both kwan and myself, being "outsiders", won't want to outshine them in anyway, do we? Hee!

The instructors were a bunch of sadists. They took great pride and glee making us stay back until 1850 hrs today. They told us the "night training" is inevitable. How else are we gonna find time to prepare the slides for the presentation to be conducted during the course? We expect to stay back even longer tomorrow. Rats.

Trying to stay awake during the lectures is a challenge. It's not just me. Many of my course mates experienced intermittent attack by the Z monsters as well, especially after lunch. It's quite funny, the way how Ang Tat's (another participant) eyes sort of squinted as he tried not to doze off. I realised that observing faces like Ang Tat's help to keep me awake! Haha.

1 comment:

Victor said...

Oh my Chris, what a prolific writer you have been for the past few days! I realise one thing - the number of posts in your blog seems to increase proportionately with your stress level. Now I understand why you said that blogging is therapeutic - it sorts of act as a release valve for you. Go on write more, it doesn't matter if I couldn't keep up with my comments. Meanwhile, I will try to help by keeping my sarcastic remarks to you to the barest minimum, hee. Most important of all, it is your attitude and frame of mind that is important. Relax ok? There are only 3 more days to go for the course. After that, you will be back with good company, i.e. BAGUS, hee and not with the baddies anymore.