Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Damn those slides! And where's my night snack???

Day three.

The first three quarter of the day was occupied by military lessons - lessons on various tools to assist us in preparing slides on a case study on naval exercise. At 1500H (that's the military way of writing the time), my group started preparing the slides for the presentation for tomorrow. It was not easy. We only have two computers each group to work on. The case study was based on a military exercise. Being extremely military-centric, both Kwan and myself found the going rather difficult. And we were also told that we would have no choice but to stay back to complete the slides for the presentation tomorrow!

The guys in my group, including two officers, were ok. There was Richard, the potential "best trainee"; Isabel, the typical SAF "blur" queen; Fabian, the officer who is quiet and unassuming; John, the other officer, who is loud, spontaneous, smart and a joker. Jaime, the rather aloof (I think stuck-up is a more appropriate word) gal who called up today to day she's running a fever and is on MC for three days!

We worked till past 2240H. As team players Kwan and myself have no choice but to stay back, just like the military participants. I jokingly told my group that I may decide to sign-on after this course! It was just like my active army days when I've to stay-in for duties. The only difference now is I'm a civilian. And the lack of night snack!

Working with the SAF people, it's inevitable we get to know each other better as days go. Richard, though outstanding, strikes me as someone not very willing to share the knowledge that he has. John, the officer was the "happy-go-lucky" one whose idea of a presentation is to blabber on and on with plain looking slides, screening the room with so much smoke that both the participants and instructors alike felt like choking to death.

Though I hate presentation, I felt tremendous pressure to assist in presenting. After all, my team is down with only 5 men, all thanks to Jaime!

No comments: